We at Avro Pet Hospital recognize the concerns surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and want to ensure you that we are doing everything we can to protect the safety of all of our clients and staff.
Please be advised that our hospital will remain open with regular hours at this timing during these challenging times. We are working diligently to help guide you and provide services as best as possible by keeping you and your pet(s) safe as well as our staff members
We are implementing new measures on how we will be operating in this crisis:
- Telemedicine will be available to you online in the comfort of your home. When you call the clinic, you will have the option of emailing pictures or video chatting with Dr. Mehr during business hours. A diagnostic or treatment plan will be created for your pet. Medications, supplies, or food will be prepared or ordered and payment will be processed over the phone with a Visa or MasterCard and items will be ready for pickup during business hours. In case of an emergency and no veterinarian will be physically available in the clinic, you will be directed to an emergency or referral centre that can provide service to your pet.
- To avoid overstocking of food, supplies, and medications we have the right to limit the quantities to avoid shortages which will affect all at the end.
- Pets that have chronic medical conditions and are in need of refill of medications, supplies, or prescription food, you can order by phone and pay in advance or when the items arrive.
- At this timing any elective surgery and vaccinations will be postponed until further notice. We are trying our best to keep your pet(s), your family, and the community protected from ticks, fleas, heartworm, intestinal worms, and mites. Heartworm test, wellness blood test will be postponed until further notice but flea and tick medication is available for pick up.
- We are operating under regular business hours at this timing. Any changes in the future will be announced.
- We are refreshing our inventory and placing orders on a daily basis to ensure that you will not face any shortages. Despite everybody’s best efforts, there may be a shortage of certain items from the supplier and you will be informed.
- In case of an emergency and we are not available and you need access to your pets medical records, please email us at [email protected] and we will respond within 48 hours.
We appreciate your full cooperation and understanding in this difficult time. We hope that you and your family stay safe in this crisis.